Esterel Technologies is a leading provider of critical systems and software development solutions for the aerospace, defense, rail transportation, nuclear, and industrial & automotive domains. System and software engineers use SCADE® solutions to graphically design, verify, and automatically generate critical systems and software applications with high dependability requirements. Esterel Technologies SCADE product solutions easily integrate, allowing for development optimization and increased communication among team members.
Esterel Technologies is part of ANSYS, a leading engineering simulation software providers. Our virtual prototyping technology has enabled customers to predict with confidence that their product designs will thrive in the real world. The ANSYS product suite offers the ability to perform comprehensive multiphysics analyses, critical for high-fidelity simulation of real architecture that integrates components.
Esterel extends the ANSYS vision of Simulation-Driven Product Development to encompass both hardware and software systems. Our combined solutions enable customers to gain greater insight into the behavior of embedded software as it interacts with hardware including electrical, mechanical and fluidic subsystems — at the systems level. This exciting combination accelerates development and delivery of innovative products to the marketplace while lowering design and engineering costs and improving product safety.
The SCADE product family includes:
- SCADE Suite® for Control and Logic Application Development
- SCADE Display® for Display and HMI Development
- SCADE System® for System Architecture Design
- SCADE LifeCycle® for Critical Application Lifecycle Management
- SCADE Solutions for ARINC 661 Compliant Systems - ARINC 661-compliant Avionics Display Development
- SCADE Solutions for Safe PLCs - Development of Safe Applications on PLCs
The Esterel SCADE suite couples to ANSYS technology via ANSYS Simplorer, an intuitive, multidomain, multitechnology program that enables engineers to simulate complex power electronic and electrically controlled systems. Users can virtually validate power electronic and mechatronic systems earlier in the design process by including embedded software generated by the SCADE suite with hardware including electrical, mechanical and fluidic subsystems modeled in Simplorer.
SCADE Suite and Display Code Generators have been qualified/certified at the highest level of safety across 6 market segments by more than 10 safety authorities, worldwide, including:
- DO-178B qualified up to level A and DO-178C Ready for Aerospace and Defense Applications by FAA, EASA, Transport Canada and ANAC.
- IEC 61508 up to SIL 3 for Transportation and Industrial Applications by TÜV SÜD
- EN 50128 up to SIL 3/4 for Rail Transportation Applications by TÜV SÜD, EBA and Certifer
- IEC 60880 demonstrated compliance for Nuclear Applications by nuclear safety authorities
- ISO 26262 for Automotive
Esterel Technologies is member of the ASAM Group
Esterel Technologies’ head office is in Elancourt, France; other offices are located in the United States, Germany, Russia, India, Brazil and China. Esterel is supported by channel and service partners worldwide.